- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 February 2013 22:02
- Written by Dr. Marco Brazzo
- Hits: 2524
This is a technique providing dynamic support using adhesive bandages.
As a preventative measure, it provides effective protection for joints and muscles against injuries arising from the movements associated with sporting activities.
As a treatment (of sprains, dislocations, tendonitis, periostitis, compound fractures) bandaging has many therapeutic application:
- it promotes reabsorption in cases of oedema and articular spillage;
- it supports capsular-ligamentous structures and lesioned myotendons;
- it reduces local pain;
- it ensures functional recovery from the lesion
In rehabilitation, functional bandaging promotes strengthening of the damaged tissue allowing for early post-injury physical rehabilitation, whatever the initial treatment (conservative or surgical), without the risk of recurrence.